I found a recipe online for Chicken Scallopini and was going to make it for my hard working husband but he opted for Norwegian hotdogs in lompa instead. So I thought about how the make the recipe Dukan safe. It is not close to the orignal recipe now. I omitted hard cheese, wine, canned tomatoes among other things.
The final recipe is a great protein packet that tasted good even if I could not slice it in nice rounds like the original recipe suggested. I will make this for my non Dukaning husband and serve with rice and veg. I wil also remember chicken scallopini for PV days too and have over cauliflower rice.
I thought before I tested this pure protein version on a PV day I would add back the canned tomatoes, but after having it tonight I think it shines without these friends in the dish.
Laughing cow lite cheese has the following nutritional information:
Serving Size 21g
Calories from Fat 20
Amount Per Serving%RDATotal Fat 2.0g 3% Saturated Fat 1.0g 5% Cholesterol 10mg 4% Sodium 260mg 11% Total Carbohydrate 1.0g 1% Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0% Sugars 1.0g Protein 2.5g 5% Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 6% Iron 0%
Great for use in sauces and fillings I am finding, once I realised it was only 3% fat but tastes like its a close relative of cream cheese to me. In this dish with the herbs it works very well.
Chicken scallopini with herb and laughing cow cheese recipe
Chicken breast is spread with soft cheese mixed with crushed garlic and herbs, then poached in chicken stock. A delightful Dukan friendly recipe for pure protein days. Pair with Cauliflower rice on vegetable days or delicious alone.
2 chicken breasts
2 segments laughing cow cheese
1 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon minced coriander leaves
Pinch fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cornflour
1 Cup chicken stock
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Place chicken between two sheets of wax paper and beat with a heavy object to flatten.
- Mix coriander seeds, salt, pepper and cornflour together
- Sprinkle check breast with powder mixture on one side
- Mix cheese, coriander leave, garlic and salt and pepper and spread this mix on other side of chicken.
- Roll chicken up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a pot place chicken stock and lemon juice and poach the chicken breast in this mixture for 10 minutes, lid on.
- Turn breasts over and cook another 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cut into rounds, remove toothpicks and serve with a little of the chicken stock.